|Icon-Reliquary with the Virgin of Kasan|
The icon is a copy of the miracle-working Our Lady of Kazan. The Kremlin copy originally belonged to princess-nun Ioanna Bariatinskaya has been working a lot of miracle itself. From 1701 to 1720 in Moscow 32 cases of healings after prayers in front of the icon were registered in a spesial chronicle. In 1717 a group of noble women commissioned the frame for the icon which contained a little reliquary with a piece of the Virgin's Robe and Her hair.
Moscow, 17th C.